Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sleep, Scripture, Scrubbing and Star Wars...

So G is off on a men's retreat this weekend so it's just me and Joey (that's our crazy dog) here. I turned in early last night b/c it was somewhat of a rough one. Food wasn't really wanting to stay down, always fun. I think it was because it was the end of the week and I had just allowed myself to get run down. I got some great sleep last night. It took me a while to fall asleep, b/c I never can sleep that well w/o G being here. Needless to say once I got to sleep I slept great. I had dream after dream about holding my baby. It kind of made me sad to be back in reality this morning when I woke up. I know I need to cherish this time of have the baby on the inside and sleeping through the night... well minus some pee breaks. I know this baby will be here before we know it and by then we will probably be asking for more time. So that's where the sleep comes in. It was great and slept late. So then I was able to get up and watch some John Piper videos we have. If you have never read or watched any of his stuff I would say look him up. He does the Desiring God website and a TON of other stuff. He is such a challenging and powerful speaker. It's hard to not walk away changed. So I had some great time with the Lord this morning. Then after a wave of nausea passed I was able to actually get up and do some cleaning. I cleaned the kitchen, dusted the living room and cleaned our bathroom. Whew... I never thought I would say I had missed cleaning. There's plenty more that could be done, but I don't want to over do it and end up meeting with the toilet again tonight. Us wives are getting together tonight to have a Chocolate party. We are all bringing something chocolate (right up my alley) and watching the movie Chocolate. It will be fun!! So I'm taking it easy now so I can enjoy my evening with the women. Well, I guess that's all the excitement I have to write about today. Oh... I forgot to mention the Star Wars part of my day. Let me tell you, if you have any questions about Star Wars The Clone Wars you need only ask my 6yr old nephew. He was a riot today. I talked to him for over 30 min. The conversation started out about his soccer game and somehow turned into The Clone Wars. I heard all about fighting using the light sabers, the good guys, the bad guys, the color of all their sabers, tricks for winning a light saber fight and much, much more!! It was fun!! He is such a fun kid, it's so sad that they have to live so far away. We will get to see them in July when they drive down to Dallas. I have been promised a light saber war... I get to be on Josh's team!! I guess I need to start brushing up on my light saber skills. He said our team will win!! I look forward to the battle.


That's the light saber on his hip. He very seldom leaves it behind. You never know when there may be a battle.

No comments: