Saturday, March 21, 2009

We have joined the blogging world!!

So I know that we have been promising a lot of you that we would get our blog up and going, so here it is. Bare with us as I'm sure it will change as we have time to play around with it. We are new to this blogging thing, so we don't have all the gadgets figured out.
BABY NEWS!

So I figure most of you know by now we are expecting our first baby in Oct. If you hadn't heard yet (sorry) ummm ... SURPRISE!! We are so excited and can't wait to share our journey with you. So far Wendy is surviving the first trimester. Tired and nauseated, but all we have to do is look at that precious sonogram and it's all worth it!! Wendy will be 11 wks on Monday. The Lord has taught us so much in this time of waiting and we hope to share tid-bits of that as we go along. We first want to let everyone know that we serve an AMAZING and FAITHFUL God. The word tells us "Seek FIRST the Kingdom and THEN all these things shall be added unto you." The Lord wants us to seek HIM first and foremost. We had to learn to be in the room with the Creator and not be pregnant because it's not about what He can give us, it's just about HIM and a relationship with Him. He wanted us to seek Him, not his gifts. Now We're not saying that was always easy, but in seeking Him We found the strength to not only make it through, but to be joyful in the waiting. Now we could go on and on, but I'll save some for later.
We do have sonogram pictures, but they're not scanned into the computer yet, so they will be coming soon. We will do our best to keep the blog up to date. In the next few days I'll post about our many travels these last four weeks. It's been crazy. So with that said, We hope you enjoy reading and sharing our journey with us. Oh, and any advice on giving our blog a more appealing look, we are open to help and ideas.

6 comments:

Donnie said...

Hey guys,

Welcome! Great start! I look forward to reading about what is going on.

A few things you should clearly add to the blog: everything Seinfeld you can find, links to sites dedicated to special noises that might eminate from ones body...or iPhone, a special Sherree translation guide (flow-er = floor), an "about us" section on why it's a waste of time to wash your car if you live in West Texas, Uncle GG's guide to rice krispie treats, and all of Caleb's knock-knock jokes. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Tonya said...

Rrrrr! My own husband beat me to being the first to post a comment on your blog!! Oh well. I second all his suggestions with the exception of the bodily noises. Come on people, Wendy is puking on a daily basis! You really think she needs mental pictures like that!

We love ya'll & are so excited about everything the Lord is doing in your life! God is SO GOOD!

White Chocolate said...

I'll settle for being third. We are so haapy for you guys! I am looking forward to having another baby too! ;)
~Amber

Erin said...

Yeah!!! You can see that I'm not the best at keeping in touch via phone, so this is perfect for me. I'll put you in my bloglines and be sure to see each and every post.
We're SO excited for your wonderful news and love hearing about the lessons you've learned. Being joyful in the waiting is so hard, and it's such a testimony when you see it in action.
We'll be keeping in touch!

The Henry's said...

Yay!!! I am so happy you guys joined the blogging world! I cannot wait to read updates and see pictures of wendy and her little baby bump! We love you guys and think about you daily! We need to get together soon for dinner or something! Love you!
John and Casey... oh and Joshua of course!

Grammie said...

I just found the link to the blog and look forward to reading it daily. Dudley and I were late since we just spent 2 days in the Atlanta Georgia airport since missing our flight. We are so proud of you both and know you will make wonderful and loving parents. I will try to improve my speaking prowess so that Gerald will not need to provide a translator. I make no promises about the spelling though.