Friday, March 27, 2009

I just had to add some quick pictures to the blog. Last week G and I finally got done with all our trips for a while. I'll start with the most recent and work my way back. So this post will be about our trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains. Dad rented a cabin for the family to meet at and surprise my mom for her 60th birthday. We had a blast. It started with G and I driving to Dallas Friday night, getting in around 11:30pm, getting up at 5:45am to leave the house at 6am to catch our flight to GA at 7:40. All this was not so good for a girl in her first trimester, but God was good and got me through MUCH better than I had expected. I could have done without the many smells in the airport, but luckily I had a travel pillow to bury my face in. I got weird looks, but it was better than sticking my head in the trashcan and loosing what I had eaten that day. We got to the airport in plenty of time, but not in enough time for our luggage to get on the same flight we were on. You have to check your bags 40 min before your flight, not 37 min. So we landed at 10:45 and our luggage landed at 1:10. This actually ended up working out because my sister and her family were going to be on the road at like 7 that morning to drive from NC to pick us up. Well, they forgot to turn their alarm on so they slept in. Oops. So they got at the airport to pick us up around 2:00. Mom and dad were suppose to land at 2:10 so we had to get out of there so we could meet them at the cabin. So long story short (I know... too late for that) we got to the cabin minutes before mom and dad and surprised them when they walked it. It was great. I so love it when we can all get together. It's just harder to do with us all living in different places. It was such a special time. Anyway, enjoy the few pics. Ohh and just try to tell me I don't have the most handsome nephews and beautiful niece :o)








Pictures of my handsome nephews are coming soon. I have to figure out how to get them off another site.

No comments: