Monday, August 3, 2009

What a Weekend!!

I know Gerald already posted and gave a quick run-down of our crazy weekend, I just thought I would throw in some details. Mom and Dad came in Thursdays evening so they could come with us to our sonogram on Friday morning. It was a lot of fun having them there to see Baby Jake in 3D!! He was being quite camera shy and not really wanting to face the camera so the pictures aren't great but we did get a few. He has the umbilical cord across his nose in the pics. They tell me he is a healthy 3lbs 9oz already and that I need to be prepared for a big baby. I'm taking that with a grain of salt. I've known too many people who were told they were going to have a big baby and the baby came out a pound or more less than what they were told. On other another note I'm having crazy braxton hicks contractions. They checked me and all that fun stuff and did find that my cervix is somewhat short. Not so much that they are majorly concerned but told me to take it easy and not lift anything over 10 lbs. They did go ahead and do a test called a Fetal fibronectin screening. This test, I think, measures a certain hormone that says whether you will be going into labor in the next two weeks. It came back negative.. so that's good, Jake should bake for at least 2 more weeks. I have another sonogram in two weeks to check again to make sure he will continue to bake. As I said the Dr.'s aren't really concerned, just want me to be aware of my body and take it easy. Better safe than sorry!! So here are a few pics of our precious boy. Check out those cheeks and feet!!!



So after the sonogram we got to work on Jake's room. My very talented sister-in-law Connie made Jake a crib skirt and curtains for his room. We got the curtains hung and mom and I used the extra material to make pull backs. It's all coming together so well!! While mom and I did that as G said he and Dad went to work painting our new changing table/dresser. We don't have the drawers back in the table yet b/c we are making sure they are good and dry, but here is the mostly finished product.






Oh.. I almost forgot. One of G's favorite gifts of the weekend came from Jake's Grammie and Granddad... aka my parents. Be sure to note the hat. He is so very proud!!

Lastly... what is a trainy bank you ask?? Well, a piggy bank is a bank in the shape of a pig. So therefore a trainy bank is a bank in the shape of.... that's right, a train. Dad came up with that one. Anyway, we have a place here called the Mud Room. You can go in and buy a clay creation of your choosing, decorate and paint it anyway you want and then they will fire it to make it complete. When it's fired the colors are vibrant and the finish is smooth. It looks like Jake will have a pink "trainy bank" but once it's fired the pink will be a deep red to match his room. I can't wait to pick it up next weekend and see the finished product. Mom and I had a blast doing this together. I think total it took about 5 hours. We got a little carried away in the detail.. but it was worth it. Memories made!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I figured that's what a "trainy bank" was. Thanks.

Cherish all these memories, Wendy. The preparation, for me, was so much fun! The bedding, curtains, and furniture look awesome! You look awesome! Ahh...kinda makes me want another baby. I said, "kinda".

The Henry's said...

No couple out there in the world makes my heart more happy then to see you guys get the Nursery ready! My heart leaps for Joy for the two of you...and even though UT is discusting and I cannot believe G is subjecting little Jake to such... (just kidding) all that said, the glow on G's face makes me smile! We love you guys!!! Can we PLEASE get together soon!

Tonya said...

Sorry, but I had to chuckle that right after you wrote, "...but here is the mostly finished product" the first picture we see is you and your belly. tee hee! I love you! You're beautiful!