Wednesday, August 26, 2009

33 weeks 2 Days Update


Crazy, crazy, crazy!! That pretty much describes things right now :o) Nothing bad to report, Jake and Mommy are doing great! We did have a scare yesterday that caused us to head to antepartum to get monitored. I woke up yesterday morning around 8:15ish, got ready for the day and ate breakfast. By 9:30 or so I noticed that I hadn't felt Jake move at all. This was odd because he's usually very active in the morning after breakfast. I tried real hard not to freak out, but easier said than done. I did everything the doctors tell you to do. Lie on your side and see if he moves 10 times in an hour. Well did that and no movement. So the next step is get up, move around, drink lots of water and lie back down for another hour and see if you can get 10 movements in an hour. So I got up, moved around, did some dishes, drank one of G's dublin Dr. Peppers (It was the only thing with Caffeine we had) and laid back down. This time during the hour I turned my cell phone ringer up on high and put it on my belly, I tried the flashlight to see if he would move away, I talked to him, I played him his snugly that sings Jesus Loves Me, everything. Still no movement. At this time I'm in a puddle of tears in the nursery calling the doctor. Long story short, G came home from work and we headed up to the hospital to get checked out. Of course Jake was fine and about 10 seconds after getting hooked up to the monitor he gave me a real good kick and pretty much kept it going the rest of the day. Needless to say Jake is grounded. G said he doesn't get his first birthday party for this stunt. :o) I promised G that this will be my only freak out and run to the hospital episode... unless I think I'm in labor of course. I know G didn't mind this addition to his day. He just kept reminding me better safe than sorry. I guess what was super frustrating about the whole thing is the fact that I'm already at the doctors office every other day getting monitored. Yeppers... that's right, I get to go get monitored (Non Stress Test) Every other day, including weekends... great fun! I am hoping after next week if there is still no change we can re-evaluate and cut down to just once a week. They're monitoring me so close b/c I have contractions rather consistent 5-7 minutes apart. At times they will spread out to 12-20. So far it hasn't caused me to progress any and Jake is handling them like a champ. Really nothing to be concerned about. Anyway, enough with the details. Each new day that he continues to bake is a blessing!! Each new day is also a day closer to getting to meet him face to face. I can't believe how quickly it will be here.. even if I go to term. I keep telling G that our lives are about to change in a way that no one can prepare us for. It was so crazy yesterday when we had our scare how much I can love my son who I haven't even met yet. I know that love will grow even more when he's placed in my arms for the first time. I can't wait. Well, to add some excitement to the blog I decided it was time for another picture session. I brought G into this one :o) He's such a great sport. I'm rather in shock right now that I'm about to post my bare belly for the world to see, but here it goes. Thanks again for all the encouragement and prayers through this journey. Love you guys!!





No comments: