Friday, August 21, 2009

Jake's nursery!!

I wish I could take credit for how precious Jake's nursery is, but really I can't. All I said was that I wanted primary colors and squares to go with his bumper pad. Somehow from that "vision" the very talented Lucilynn put together a room that is more than I could have ever hoped for or imagined. It is my hopes made into reality. Right now Lucilynn is a stay at home Mommy of two. We lived together in Abilene and taught together here in Lubbock. I think if she ever decides she wants to go back to work she needs to do interior design. Maybe I should have titled this post "The Wonderful Lucilynn" :o) Anyway, I have to say it again... WE ARE SO VERY BLESSED!! I just can't get over the amount that people have given us to help prepare for precious Jake's arrival. G and I have really had to buy very little. Grammie and Granddad bought the crib, Nana, Pappa Grandi and the Millers bought us our car seat and stroller travel system. We are borrowing a great swing, and jumping gym from our wonderful friends the Henry's (along with most of Jake's wardrobe), an awesome glider rocker from our friends the Brints, more clothes from the Brewers... the list goes on. Sorry if I've left anyone out. Pretty much all we've bought is the changing table/dresser which we got off of craigslist for a killer deal and the crib bumper! How do we thank you enough?? So many times I stand in awe of what the Lord has brought us through and how He continues to give us more than we deserve. Thank you Jesus for your Grace that you freely give and the blessings that we cannot earn. Thank you that you love us as your children and because of the blood of your son Jesus Christ we can have relationship with you and enjoy the fullness of your presence in our lives. How blessed we are!!
Okay... I could go on and on, but I hope this is just a reminder to those reading this blog and not new information. If it is, get on your knees and start that relationship with our Lord today. You are truly missing out if you don't walk with Him daily!! Love you guys and enjoy the pics of the nursery... though I don't think they do it justice. It is a blessed room and I cannot wait to bring Jake home... well, I can wait, but you know what I mean.






2 comments:

The Henry's said...

Thank you so much for letting me and Joshua stop by and see sweet Jake's room! I might hire your friend when we have another! It looked so great, but what makes it look so great is not only the hard work put in by a great friend of yours, but also the love of God radiating from the 4 walls of that room! I love you both greatly!

Amy said...

It looks awesome! I wish I could see it in person! Now all you need is that baby boy! He'll make the room complete! Y'all are truly blessed! Thank you, God, for blessing my friend.