Friday, August 14, 2009

The Adventures of Growing a Baby...

So just a quick update on Baby Jake... He's doing wonderful!! Went in for a few tests and screenings today and he passed with flying colors. Can't really say the same for his Mommy. :o) They have been mildly concerned b/c I've been having contractions so they hooked Jake and I up to monitors for about an hour. So I was having contractions about every 5 min. Not really what they wanted to see. The good news is that Jake was handling them WONDERFULLY!! He's a champ. His heart rate was good as was his movements and his reactions to the contractions. They also did a fetal fibronectin screening that shows if I will go into labor in the next two weeks. That test came back negative so that's a very good thing and gives Mommy some good piece of mind. So they went ahead and gave me a shot and prescription to slow down and hopefully stop the contractions. (Brutal side effects, but worth it to keep Jake baking). They also went ahead and gave me a shot to speed up the development of his lungs just in case.
So I'm 31 wks and 4 days along, so these next few weeks will be filled with more monitoring and doctors appointments. I get to go in twice a week from here on out for monitoring and the fetal fibronectin test. I must say that I am so blessed that the Lord worked it out in such a way that I don't have to be working right now. Not sure there is an employer out there that would enjoy letting their employee go twice a week for an hour or more for monitoring plus any other doctor's appointment that may be deemed necessary. It also helps because I can stay off my feet and take it easy as strongly suggested by the doctors. So there you go. That's the Jake update for now.
In other news the nursery is coming along. My wonderful friends Lucilynn and Caty came over today to paint and decorate his room. It looks AMAZING!! I can't wait to post pictures of the finished product. It's more than I could have imagined. It's Lucilynn's brainchild. She is extremely gifted in the area of interior decorating. So she has been able to take my desires and bring them to reality. It should be finished soon!! Did I mention I can't wait??!! We have been telling Jake though, that just because his room is just about done doesn't give him permission to come early. We will see if he listens. Thanks for the prayers and support. There are so many people behind the scenes that are helping us out and making sure I'm taking it easy. We are so incredibly blessed. I can't even put into words. The Lord provides all you need. Whether emotional support, financial support, friends to pray with you, meals to eat.. the Lord provides for it all. I am so undeserving of all He has and continues to give us. Thank you Lord!!


Okay.. so I'll give you a quick sneak peek of the room. I'm not going to explain, you will just have to wait to see it all come together. Did I mention how excited I am??




3 comments:

Grammie said...

Mom and Dad would also like to post our Thanks to all your friends. It is so hard to see and hear all that is going on and be so far away. Jake's room is looking Great...Can't wait to see how it all comes together...this is so exciting !!!!! Hugs and Kisses

Tonya said...

Grammie just took the words right out of my mouth! Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking care of my precious sister & nephew! Oh great, now I'm crying...

Amy said...

And you made me cry, Grammie and Tonya. Awww... (sniff, sniff)