Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun in NM

Well, we had a great time on our anniversary/one last adventure w/o baby get away to Carlsbad. We were both exhausted by our trip home, but it was worth it. We were able to go to the Caverns when we got there on Friday. Needless to say we took the elevator down. I was up for the challenge of walking, but the guy at the counter where we got the tickets took one look at me and said, "You will want to take the elevator 'mam" So we heeded his advice. It was nice and cool down there so the walk around the main room wasn't so bad. We weren't able to go on a guided tour b/c they were all sold out. My one prego moment came about half way through when precious Jake was begging for a snack. Of course they had told us before hand "NO FOOD OR DRINK (except water) not even gum." Well, there I was with a purse full of granola bars, nutrigrain bars, slim fast snack bars and of course gum. So we found a quiet corner for me to take a bite of one of my bars. Needless to say EVERYTHING echos down there. So G was my look out for any rangers that would confiscate my snack. I was successful in opening the package and partaking of my snack bar. Of course after that G just kept telling me, "All I can smell is chocolate." So any time we passed a park ranger I would hold my breath. We made it through successfully and enjoyed the walk. It's pretty amazing down there.
After that we had some wonderful BBQ at the local KOA camp ground (we were told by the couple that ran the bed and breakfast that it was the place to go) It was delicious. That is also where we ran into our 8-legged friend crossing the road. After that we crashed for the evening and woke up to a yummy breakfast and then off to the Living Desert to walk around. It was a really neat place. G was able to feed a blue jay out of his hand. Probably the biggest downfall to this part of our trip was the fact that it was HOT and by the end my toes looked like sausages. It was time to stop and prop the feet. Our last stop was at the local theater (3 whole screens) to watch "The Proposal" before we got on the road home. It was really cute, I would recommend it. So that about sums up the weekend. It was a quick turn around, but so fun and so needed! You can click here if you want to see pictures. Mostly of the caverns, but you can also see the animals and our 8-legged friend.
In prego news I am doing well. I feel bigger everyday and am staying rather warm this summer. We are working on getting closets cleaned out so we can start the nursery. We'll get pictures as the room develops. I keep thinking we have plenty of time and then I realize how fast time is going and realize we need to get on the ball. Jake will be here before we know it!!

No comments: