Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Family of FOUR

So I'm overwhelmed at the thought of actually catching up on the blog... not going to happen. I hate that you have all missed out on so much of our goings on... lots of cute pictures. Jake has changed drastically over the last 6 or so months and we've obviously grown by 10 fingers and 10 toes. Instead of talking about everything that's happened, in one post I'm going to DO MY BEST to create one post a day this week.
So I'll start with the obvious...

WELCOME DAWSON RAY MILLER
6 lbs 11oz
19"


Believe it or not the delivery was easy. I had contractions for several days before he was born, but nothing major. Then the evening of Mothers Day the contractions REALLY started. I had no idea how fast my labor was actually going. I kindof wish now I hadn't had the epidural because apparently I was in the thick of it before I got the epidural and didn't realize it. All I knew was that the contractions were much more painful than what I had ever experienced with Jake and I THOUGHT they could only get worse. I progressed faster than the nurses expected me too as well. They left the room around 4:30 a.m. and didn't intend to even come back until 7:00 to check me and see how things were going. Well, Dawson had other plans. His heart rate dropped around 5:30ish which caused the nurse to come into the room. She rolled me over onto my side and I FELT a VERY strong contraction, lots of pressure. So she decided to go ahead and check me. To OUR great surprise my water had broke and I was ready to go!! I had another strong contraction, she checked me again and he was "heading out". There was no time for the doctor to get in the room. One leg in the stirrup, not even a full push and he literally fell out into the waiting hands of the nurse. Shortly after the Doctor walked in, ha! It was a whirlwind for sure. Dawson was good minus low blood sugar. So they had to give him some formula directly into his little stomach... he had already been nursing for almost a full hour before this. He also had a hard time keeping his body temp up so he had to chill under the warmers for awhile as well as some skin to skin with Mommy which I loved. There are more details to this crazy night, but I want this to be a blog post, not a novel. Maybe I'll tell the whole story later... but you know I probably won't. 


1 comment:

Amy said...

Your having easy--and Dawson was BEYOND easy--deliveries is not fair. Of course, you probably think me having amazing pregnancies is not fair either. Ha!