Thursday, April 8, 2010

Guess who's 6 MONTHS OLD!

As much as I try not to think about it, my precious boy is 6 months old today!! The time has gone by soooo fast, I just can't believe it. He is such a joy to be at home with every day. He is all smiles, and is laughing more and more every day. He has this unique... ummm giggle?? I don't know what you would call it, but it makes us laugh every time.



He's not as interested in his play mat these days, he would MUCH RATHER be jumping in his jump-n-jive or jumperoo. He will jump until he is plum tuckered out..



He wants to explore EVERYTHING. He is constantly reaching out to find something new. He is already quite taken with cell phones and remote controls... I don't see the fascination, but anytime one is around, he's reaching for it.





He also LOVES faces. If you pick him up, he's going for your face and teeth. He thinks teeth are pretty funny. He has also discovered his toes and LOVES to pull his socks off to get at 'em. (sorry this pic is blurry, it was taken with my phone.



He loves books, but enjoys opening and closing them more... oh, and trying to eat them too. EVERYTHING goes in the mouth these days. He still doesn't have any teeth, but I'm convinced he's got some moving to the surface. He drools quite a bit and bites down HARD on that paci.



He had his first ride in the front of a cart at Babies-R-Us. He did really well. Probably not quite ready for a LONG Wal-Mart trip or anything, but he can sit there pretty comfortable for 20 min or so.



He is still our tummy sleeper. He sleeps with his little butt up in the air and it's the cutest thing ever!! When he wakes up he usually rolls over onto his back and plays with his blankets until we get him up. He ALWAYS wakes up happy. I LOVE going to get him up for the day. When he sees us walk in the room he'll just stop what he's doing and give us a great big morning smile. It's the greatest part of the day.
His bedtime is between 7 & 7:30, and he wakes up for the day at 7. Some days he will wake up earlier and just lay in his bed and talk until we get him up at 7.

He can roll from his back to his front with the slightest of help. He'll be doing it on his own before we know it. This will be nice b/c we will no longer need to go flip him over during the night if he happens to get that little tush too far up in the air and topples over.

He enjoys his bath at night and for some reason his favorite part is when we take him out and wrap him up in his towel. He thinks that is so funny! Our night time routine is a special time for the three of us. Daddy does the bath then together we get Jakesters all lotioned up, and ready for bed. We read one Bible Story, a page out of his book of Bible Promises and then a fun story. His FAVORITE is Pajama Time. He smiles every time we read it to him. Then we pray together as a family, I feed him and he's down for the night. I LOVE that time together.

Jake is curious about everything. I love watching him discover new things every day. Its like you can see the little wheels turning in his brain. He is very observant of his surroundings. I often wonder what is going on in that mind of his. So far he hasn't really had any stranger anxiety. He is passed around at church and never seems to have a problem. He stays happy and smiles at whoever has him. He is just an overall happy baby. He is such a joy to be around.

Well, I'm sure there is a TON more that I could write about, but I'll end here with his stats and a 6 month slide show.

Weight: 18 lbs (60th percentile)
Height: 27 1/4" (80th percentile)
Head circumference: 17"
He is in 9 or 12 mo. onesies because his torso is so long. Still in 6 or 9 mo. pants/shorts depending on the waist. Poor thing, most his shorts are manpris because he just doesn't have the longest of legs. I'm having faith that they'll catch up with his torso someday :o)

Well thanks for reading and stay posted. I'm sure I'll update as I remember stuff I wanted to blog about. (You see, I've done an AWFUL job at keeping up to date in his journal. It makes me feel better to know I've at least blogged about his milestones)


3 comments:

Amy said...

Super duper cute, girl! Ah, it goes by so quick! Soon he'll be crawling, then walking, then talking, then he's not a baby anymore. Cherish these days. You are blessed, Wendy.

Erin said...

Jake sounds like such a dream baby! I wish we could meet him. I have a feeling he and Emmy would hit it off. ;)

wachtergrrl said...

Hi Wendy,

Jake sure is a cute baby. I wonder if you have heard of The SADS Foundation? Our organization provides patient support, medical education and family seminars, as well as advocacy and awareness-raising work about SADS conditions, including Long QT Syndrome. Check out our website at www.StopSADS.org.

We have lots of information about Long QT and I would love to put you on our newsletter mailing list (with updates about other families living and thriving with Long QT). Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Thanks, and enjoy Jake Ryan!

Heidi Wachter
heidi@sads.org