Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thanks Pinterest...

So my big boy will soon be THREE!! I can't believe it. As we exit the two's and journey onto the three's, we've been having some tough days here at home with the words "no!" and "I don't want to!".  I'm sure no other parent has EVER heard those words come out of their child's mouth before.
I think a lot of the behavior comes from the changes we've gone through in the last several month. A pregnant/sick Mommy, moving into a new home, having Grammie and Granddad here for several months and then *poof* gone, then to top it off a baby brother!! Poor guy was use to getting out at least once a day before little bro was born, and now with D's naps and such we hardly EVER get out. I think that even though he was "playing" with is toys he was bored out of his mind. So Mommy tried to get creative. I LOVE Pinterest and I just might have an addiction. BUT thanks to pinterest I was able to make some fun things for us to do... First was Finger paint...
He enjoyed it, but preferred to use the craft stick over his fingers. This was a little more popular as days went by. This finger paint doesn't have much of a shelf life, but it's pretty cool and easy to make.
 
Next was liquid sidewalk chalk...
He had fun with this too. I think he liked it better because it involved a paintbrush. We didn't just keep it on the porch, we also ventured out and decorated the trampoline and back fence. This was a lot of fun for Mommy too.
 
Last was a mixture of cornstarch and water. If you have kids and you've never played with this mixture, you MUST. It's SOOOO COOL!! I'm not sure what it's called but it entertained Jake the longest... Mommy too. It's mesmerizing.
It can get messy, but the clean up is really quite easy. I can't wait to make this again. I might try coloring the water first before mixing it together next time. Thanks again Pinterest!!
 
Though we've been having fun moments together at home, G and I decided it was time for Jake to venture out into the world of "school". He started PDO (Parents Day Out) last week. After a rocky start at Open House he did AMAZING on Thursday. The words his teachers used to describe him were "friendly", "active", and "talkative". Yep, that sounds like my boy. We are so proud of him and pray that his excitement for "school" continues. He'll be going every Tues and Thurs. I'm so excited for him to have this experience and make new friends! I'll keep you posted on how it's going and will be back (hopefully soon) with an updated post on our D-Man... He's getting SO BIG!!! Until then..... Happy Almost Fall!!!
 

No comments: