Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas decorating

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Miller house. I have so enjoyed my new found love for the everyday I couldn't wait to get the house clean and ready for Christmas decorating. I spent the week after Thanksgiving getting everything in order for a fun Saturday with the family. I looked forward to it all week. I was worried at one point we would have to postpone because Jake-Man came down with a fever Thurs. afternoon. Luckily by Sat he was as fit as a fiddle.
We started out our Saturday morning by staying in our jammies and enjoying a YUMMY green chili and bacon breakfast pizza.

After that it was time to unpack the train that goes around the tree. To say Jake was excited would be an understatment!
Admiring the Engine....
 
After playing with the train a little it was time to start on the Christmas tree! Jake was a big help!!


A short break to admire the engine once more...
Make sure it's not crooked, Dad!
Helping Mommy with the lights.



Hanging ornaments
Jake's all landed on the same spot on the tree. He had so much fun looking at all the different ornaments. We'll be lucky if they actually end up staying ON the tree.
Finally it's all said and done. After finally getting dressed for the day, a little time to adimire the train once again.
And a day topped off with a story with Daddy...
We had such an amazing Saturday together. Ya know, our decorations aren't perfect, they aren't fancy, they aren't glamerous... but they are ours, and I LOVE them. We are so very blessed. I love our growing family of 3!!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Can't wait to hug that boy!...and my sister ;)

Amy said...

Ahh!!! I saw a growing baby bump! :) It's the small things in life that are so precious! We loved our day of decorating, too. It was our last as a family of 4. Just think! Next time you'll be doing it as a family of 4!!! YAY!!!