Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GOT DIRT??

So I have officially decided that BOYS are BEST!!... okay, so I'm probably a little partial, but I just have so much fun with Jake these days.  One of his ABSOLUTE FAVORITE things is to play in the dirt! We don't have a sandbox...yet... so he has to settle with our "flower"bed (it's actually just a dirt bed) out front and some dirt filled pots.  He has A BLAST every time we go outside.  He comes in completely FILTHY and tracks dirt in on my freshly cleaned entry way floor, trails it through my freshly vacuumed living area, and continues distributing his filth through my freshly mopped kitchen.

I have come to the conclusion that I DON'T CARE!! I would so much rather have a filthy dirt-filled house and a sweaty, excited, happy boy than a spic and span clean house with a bored little boy looking longingly outside. Oh... don't get me wrong, sometimes it's hard to let it go b/c I do work hard at getting my house clean.  But when I see the joy that fills my little boys heart when he is outside playing (and thus learning soooo much) a clean house doesn't seem that big of a deal.  So when you visit our house, and it smells of sweat and dirt... that is also the smell of a happy, love-filled, joyful house!! I LOVE MY "JOB"!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

There is just something about boys! They're earth movers! Both my boys have always (and continue to) love to play in the dirt, mud, sand, etc. Boys are the best! (I'm a little biased, too, I guess.)