Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dedication Sunday

1 Samuel 1:26-28
26 and she (Hannah) said to him, "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. 27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there.


So we dedicated Jake this past weekend remembering that he is not ours but God's. He has been entrusted to us to raise him in a way that will Glorify our Lord and Savior. It is our promise to "Train (Jake) in the way he should go, so that when he is old he will not turn from it." (Prov. 22:6) It was such a blessing to have our parents in town for this priceless day. For so many years Gerald and I have watched family after family dedicate their precious children, longing for our day. It took everything in us to keep ourselves composed. This church family has been a HUGE part of our journey to becoming parents. What a special day!!














Finally a picture of the two loves of my life....

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I could barely finish that video through the tears! I wish we could have been there! Our hearts were! We love you all!

Erin said...

That was absolutely precious. Certainly a long time coming and I'm sure you'd agree that it was so worth the wait.
We need to talk on Skype sometime soon!

Amy said...

What an amazing moment for your family! I, too, remember the journey. Thank, God, for His faithfulnesss!

Sherree and Dudley Peek said...

Thank you for inviting us to be part of such a special occasion. Our family has been truly blessed.