Saturday, May 23, 2009

Boy or Girl???

So many of you have asked if we know what we're having yet... No.. not yet. We will find out in a little over a week. I'm so excited. I know this next week is going to creep by.
So a quick update, we had our regular Dr's appointment this week and everything looked great. I'm just about 2 lbs short of being back at my starting weight so that's good news. The Doctors were pleased with that. The nausea has pretty much completely subsided unless I let myself get dehydrated, but then it's easy to solve. I measured right at 20 wks which is pretty much where I am. The heartbeat was between 142 and 144, it was hard for them to tell b/c the baby didn't want to be still. Looks like we have an active one on our hands. I'm feeling the baby move a lot more these days. Gerald actually got to feel it for the first time this morning. It was pretty cool. I had been feeling faint kicks for a little bit but when G got his hand on my tummy the baby gave him a good strong kick. G didn't believe it was the baby at first, he thought it had been me, but nope, it was that miracle!! It's fun to feel it move more, it makes it all seem even more real. Now if I could just get over this sinus congestion I would be perfect. I know that some sinus congestion is caused by the pregnancy, but I believe this is above and beyond. I've got some food allergies that we're trying to figure out, so please be praying that I can get over this. It's now starting to cause a cough which makes sleeping even harder... if you can imagine that. This poor baby doesn't get a moment of peace between my coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose, sniffing, wheezing, etc. At least he/she won't get startled easily by all these noises once they are in the real world. Before I sign off for now I have to brag once again on my wonderful husband. I had one night that was just tough allergy wise and it really zaps my energy when that happens. So while I'm sitting on the couch with my feet propped up coughing my head off my sweet husband cleaned the entire house.. bathrooms included. Then the next morning I got up and he had gotten up earlier that morning and cleaned out the fridge before he went to work.. I'm talking wiping down the shelves and everything. What did I do to deserve such an amazingly patient, servant-hearted, loving, compassionate, caring husband?? I am one blessed wife and this baby has an incredibly daddy waiting to meet him/her. Well, that's it for now, I think it's about time for another belly pic. so we'll probably take one this weekend. Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend!!

No comments: